Hotel in Strasbourg at the foot of the cathedral
A hotel of character in the centre of Strasbourg
Come and bask in the cathedral’s aura…
In the heart of Strasbourg’s Grande-Île, inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List, located at the foot of the majestic Notre-Dame de Strasbourg Cathedral and right beside Château des Rohan (one of the province’s finest museums, just a stone’s throw from the banks of the River Ill and the riverboat landing stage), the Hôtel Suisse is housed in a 17th-century residence of real character.
Staying here, you leave time to its own devices and relish the many pleasures of a city that has kept its soul and character intact over the centuries.
Each room also has its own unique character; some are stylishly intimate, others more spacious, but all are imbued with genuine charm and laid out and decorated with loving care, creating a snug ambience highlighted by Alsatian linen and cotton kelsch fabrics. Most rooms boast magnificent views of the cathedral.
Our timber-beamed Alsatian “Stub” provides an ideal setting for the newly awake to enjoy a gourmet buffet breakfast with Alsace’s famed “Kougelhof” pastries topping the bill.
And, whatever the time of day, whether for a lovers’ tryst or spot of business, the Café Suisse provides an ideal setting.
Always something happening – a unique address that never fails to delight.Gift boxes
“Somewhere out there is a room with a view,
Somewhere out there, where the roses are blue, I’ll see heaven in a dream coming true…”
Extract from Henri Salvador’s song “Room with a View”
Original French words and music by K. A. Zeidel and Benjamin Biolay.
- Hotel at the foot of Strasbourg’s cathedral
- Hotel in the city centre
- Accessible by car to drop off luggage
- “Les Bateliers” public car park 300m away (€16 / 24 hours)
- 24-hour reception service
- Left-luggage service
- Free Wi-Fi connection in all guestrooms and the Café Suisse
- Free Internet area on the mezzanine, with printing facilities available (supplementary charge)
- In-room or buffet breakfast (served on the terrace on fine days)
- Tréca Imperial 27 beds (Junior suite) and Star Palace 25 Air-spring beds
- Soundproofed guestrooms
- Pets accepted (with supplement)
- Ventilators in all guestrooms
- Laundry service (with supplement)
- Meeting room (accommodating up to 10 people.)
- Library of international editions of Christophe Felders’ books on pastry-making
- Café Suisse, open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
At the hotel: pastry-making classes (upon reservation)
Information on www.christophe-felder.com
The Café Suisse and its Terrace
Whether it’s business or pleasure, the Café Suisse makes a perfect rendezvous.
With a menu including Alsace fruit tarts from the OPPE patisserie in Mutzig, Christophe FELDER and Camille LESECQ’s new gourmet address), accompanied by a select choice of teas and coffees.
And later, when it’s aperitif time, discover or rediscover Alsace’s delicate grape varieties – Riesling, Muscat and Gewurztraminer among many others.
The scene is set for a get-together that will never be forgotten.